Background

Friday, June 20, 2008

Weckage


Yesterday, I was on my way home from work at about 3:30pm. I was cruising at about 55mph and singing along to some Damien Rice...one my favorite singers. I was approaching a red light when a truck driving the opposite way tried to turn left across my lane. I slammed on my brakes but i started sliding (the roads were wet from a recent down-pour).

I came within an inch of hitting his truck but was able to avoid it (don't ask me how). When I took my focus off his truck, I realized that Iwas skidding into the other lane with tons of cars... So I swerved back, which spun my car 180 degrees and I went sliding sideways into a deep ditch.

Before I could even get my seatbelt unfastened, there were about 4 or 5 men running to my car to help get me out. They were all so nice! They helped me get out through the passenger side and called the police for me. One man was even nice enough to stay with me all the way through the entire incident! And one chased down the truck that cut me off. :) I love living in the South! Nowhere else will you find a nicer people. :)

Anyway, I am just fine, but my car is not so much... I ended up hitting a metal culvert with the backend of my jeep. So we'll see what the damages will be. The only downside is that the guy driving the truck may not have to pay for the damages to my car because I didn't make contact with his vehicle. :( That's a bummer that because I was able to avoid other vehicles, I may be left to pick up the bill....

But on the positive side, I'm grateful that it wasn't worse than it was and that so many people rushed to my rescue! And while the rain helped cause the accident, it also helped cushion my crash into the saturated ditch... Thank heavens!

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

We're so glad you are ok!!! That really sucks...I know the feeling, I've been in a few! I'm so glad you joined the blogging community!!! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

hmm...I remember another slight accident you were involved in! (Except that one was my fault!) I'm glad to hear you and Brandon are doing well!

Ivy said...

Hey! I'm excited to see you have a blog! Your story made me laugh - it reminded me of that time when I was 16 and drove into a ditch... except there were no other cars and I thought it was a road! Good luck getting your car fixed up!

BRZZ Odom said...

Hey!! I'm glad I found your blog! Sad that you got in a wreck though. Hopefully, you won't have to pay for it!

The Awesome Rawsons said...

My goodness! what a bummer about that guy not having to pick up the tab for your jeep. but we're glad you're okay. that's the important part.

Holly said...

I hope that y'all are able to get things worked out with the car. I'm glad that no one was hurt. Good thing that you were paying attention and were able to avoid a worse wreck.

I saw that you added some pictures of the pups. Those are some cute little lab pups. My favorite was the picture of Brandon and Blaze snuggling. It made me laugh out loud. I am sitting next to Joel, and he had to see what I was laughing at.