Background

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Knocked Out


Well, Brandon had his wisdom teeth removed this past Thursday. He is doing well, but the past couple of days have been quite interesting.
When he arrived at the oral surgeon's office, they knocked him out with some anesthesia and removed all 4 of his widsom teeth. The doctor had some problems getting one tooth out, so they woke him up, x-rayed that tooth, then knocked him out again! They had to dig deeper into the bone to get the last piece out.
Anyway, he's been doing pretty good while at home. He doesn't really like to sleep, and would prefer to be and about. He was an extremely sweet patient, but there were a few "interesting" moments. Thursday evening, he informed me that he "needed to be somewhere." I told him that he didn't and that he needed to rest, but he proceeded to get his car keys and headed for the door. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that he "needed to be somewhere." I asked him where and he told me that he forgot. :) I was able to get the keys from him and lour him to the couch with the promise of a back scratch! There were many interesting comments that he made while "drugged up," but I'll have to get his permission to post them on the blog. :)
Anyway, the 2 pictures are of him at the surgeon's office after his teeth were removed.

3 comments:

Ivy said...

Poor guy! I'm dreading getting my wisdom teeth out - I know I'm going to have to, I just keep putting it off!

Amilyn -N- Brandon said...

:) Don't put it off too long, girl! Brandon was in some serious pain before he got them out because he waited too long!

Holly said...

Poor Brandon! I'm glad to hear that he went ahead and got it done. He definitely has my sympathy.

That's really funny that he thought that he had to go somewhere, I'm looking forward to hearing the other stuff that he said.