Background

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Supermom to the Rescue!

So I've really been stressing about Brayden's room for a while now. We decided to move him to the back room so we could have more space and I just didn't know how I was going to get it all done while I'm 9 months pregnant! It doesn't seem like a lot of work, but stick a baby in your belly and the task becomes seemingly impossible!!! Not to mention my house has been full of clutter for a while... Just not good for stress levels right before having a baby. Made me feel VERY unprepared.

Well, my amazing mom came to my rescue this past week! She stayed with us a whole week and turned my house right-side up again! I love her so much!!! If I'm half as good as her at being a mother, I'll be on the right track. Anyway, she did all our laundry (we had gotten a bit behind), straighten and organized my laundry room and pantry AND kitchen, cleaned and dusted everything, completely set up the baby's room and bathroom, organized the guest bedroom, and cooked dinner for us (and did all the dishes every night)! Oh! Plus she made a custom table cloth for a little side table in the baby's room. You may think I am terrible for having her do all of it, but I couldn't stop her!! She just kept going...and going...and going. I think I have Supermom for a mother.

Below are some pics of Brayden's super cute bedroom and bathroom!

Letters I did for Brayden, and his cute little crib.

Brayden's crib with his 2 stuffed animals and 2 blankies.

This is the right corner of the room, right when you walk in the door.

The side table with the the custom table cloth!  Thanks, Mom!

This is the left corner of the room, with his changing table and dresser.



Froggie toothbrush holder, soap dispenser, and hand towel.

Froggie shower curtain and towel

My favorite, froggie rugs!!

Thanks Mom for rescuing me this past week!!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

It all looks great! Moms are the best and it appears that your mom is pretty amazing! I love the froggy rugs :) and I love the temple picture and the picture of Christ...listening to the prophet, you are already wonderful parents! I can't wait for this little guy to get here. Brayden, hurry up already!

AmyB said...

Moms are really great for that kind of thing. Even when you're the mom you still need your mom sometimes!!