Background

Friday, May 20, 2011

Baby Shower!!!

Ok, I'm a little late posting this... but Friday, May 6th was my baby shower for Brayden!  I don't know if I've mentioned this lately, but I truly have THE best friends and family!  Aunt Vickie, Adrienne McCartney,  Lauren Tingle, Katie Guy, and Aline Dykes threw a shower for our little man, Brayden.  It was absolutely wonderful and we had an amazing turn out.  Almost 40 people came to show their love and support for us that night!  And luckily, we did NOT play the "guess how big around I am" game with the yarn!  (Sorry Adi, I didn't know how gigantic you feel when you're prego!  But I have to say, I'm about 3x as big as you were!)  Below are just a few pics from the festivities!

The super cute decorations (which I got to take home with me!)
The amazing diaper cake that Adrienne made!  It was really cute and had little pacies and a puppy blankie attached!  Thanks Adi!!  :)

The yummy food/more decorations!
Gifts for baby Brayden!  If you look in the center, you will see a little "balloon boy".  Sis. Mary Johnson made him, and he really had a lot stuff in him!

Adi and I waiting to begin!
Katie making us cry with a beautiful poem.  Absolutely LOVED it!


Gift from Auntie Lauren!

This was part of the gift from Aline, aka Brayden's "Tutu Lady" - Hawaiian for grandma :)


Aline cracking everyone up, as always!  I love her!

Small part of Aunt Vickie's gift!

The "Daddy Diaper Bag" from Katie and Andrea, which is actually a tool kit with baby supplies... and a little beef jerky for dad!  ;)

Part 1 of Mimi Kim's gift

Part 2 of MiMi Kim's gift... the cutest bed set ever!!

Gift from Brayden's Great Grandparents, MawMaw Rosemary and PawPaw Pat!

Some of the wonderful ladies that came!
... giving my terrible spur-of-the-moment speech...  wasn't all the great

My beautiful sis-in-law, Lauren and beautiful mother-in-law, Mrs. Kim!  Love them both!!

Hubby coming to collect at the end of the night!
Anyway, I'm definitely less stressed about Brayden's arrival and feel somewhat prepared for him now!  A huge THANK YOU to everyone who came out to the shower, and an even bigger THANK YOU to the wonderful ladies who put it all together for me!  I know it was a lot of time and energy (and money!) put into making it as wonderful as it was!  I love you all!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

It was fun! You got a TON of stuff...it was almost shocking...but freakin' awesome! I honestly don't know how you are going to/or already have put it all away!! I can't wait to see his room all together AND I can't wait to meet him :)

(I better on your group text message saying you are on your way so we can meet him ASAP...don't worry, we will give you time to rest before we pop at the hospital, at least a few hours, right? I'm kidding :)