Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Brayden's 1st Car Ride

So Brayden's first car ride was a bit nerve racking for me.  For starters, you know I'm accident prone.  So putting my own child in car on the road with all of the crazy drivers there are in Baton Rouge just makes me nervous.  But on top of that, it was raining that day. 

Crazy Drivers + Rain = Almost 2 Collisions!

We had barely made it out of Woman's Hospital onto Airline when a guy (I say a guy because we all know woman drivers are better than men ;) didn't check his blind spot and came over into our lane on top of us!  I about had a heart attack.  Thank heavens Brandon has quick reflexes!  Then on the interstate, the guy behind us wasn't paying real close attention and almost hit us when traffic came to a stop.  Whew!  Luckily we were able to make it home in one piece!  And Brayden looked extra cute that day.  ;)

He was born scowling.  Lol...  Hopefully not an omen of what's to come!

Just love those cheeks!!  :)

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Look how cute!!! I have pictures of Drew like that, I love those little hats and they look soooo tiny in their big car seats! It rained on the way home from the hospital when we had him and I was really nervous. I can't imagine having almost gotten hit twice! I can definitely understand you being nervous. Believe it or not, eventually you won't even think about that when you stick him the car to go grocery shopping one day...it becomes a little more natural feeling, I guess, idk. He's a precious boy, for sure!